Current Public Seminars
2-Day Seminar & Workshop
Driving Business Innovation
with Enterprise Architecture
How to be a Highly-Influential Enterprise Architect
To view a recent half hour Webinar that Chris Potts presented titled “Let's Talk About the Architect!” Click here.
Click here for an in-house quote request or for further information regarding in-house training.
The purpose of Enterprise Architecture is to improve business performance. Success depends on having highly-influential Enterprise Architects, providing leadership in business decisions about the enterprise’s structure, innovations and investments in change.
The more that Enterprise Architects drive better business performance through innovation, the greater the influence they can have. As the history of Enterprise Architecture has also shown, the opposite is also true. The less it impacts business performance, the less influential Enterprise Architects will be, however much they excel at the technical aspects of their role.
This seminar is designed for Enterprise Architects and the people they work with, to explore how best to make Enterprise Architecture a highly-valued innovative and influential business discipline. At its core, this means integrating formalised Enterprise Architecture with corporate and business strategies, business planning, and the process of creating value from investments in change.
The focus of the seminar is on how to embed Enterprise Architecture into mainstream business decision-making, rather than on the frameworks and processes that Enterprise Architects use.
Entirely based on first-hand experiences of what works, and what doesn’t, the seminar will help you to benchmark and develop your organisation’s maturity at driving business innovation and performance with Enterprise Architecture, including:
- The ‘Double-E, Double-A®’ journey for integrating formalised Enterprise Architecture with mainstream business leadership
- How to think and act like an enterprise investor: evaluating the architectural performance of a business and where investing in change will improve it
- How Enterprise Architecture drives performance-enhancing business innovations
- The Enterprise Architect as a scenario planner.
- Understanding the politics of Enterprise Architecture, and its impact on business culture
You will take away a comprehensive understanding of how to integrate Enterprise Architecture with mainstream business management, and how to realize the full potential of Enterprise Architects. Many people find that the experience permanently changes their perspective of what Enterprise Architecture is all about, including:
- Your strategy for innovating with Enterprise Architecture
- Specific, architectural, measures of business performance that Enterprise Architects need, to plan their most valuable interventions
- Developing, illustrating and applying design themes for the enterprise’s architecture
- How Enterprise Architects use scenario planning to guide business decision-making
- The interdependencies between Enterprise Architecture and investing in change
- Fostering collaboration around the enterprise in ways that enhance measurable results.
The Evolution of Enterprise Architecture
- Before Enterprise Architecture was formalised
- The emergence, development and future of formalised Enterprise Architecture
Integrating Enterprise Architecture with Business Decision-Making
- The Double-E, Double-A® Journey
- Enterprise Architecture, Business Innovation and Investments in Change
- Introduction and background
- The Enterprise Architect’s strategic contribution
The Corporate Strategy for Enterprise Architecture
- Setting the right scope for Enterprise Architecture
- Using business performance ratios to target EA designs and interventions
Thinking and Acting Like an Enterprise Investor
- Developing architectural design themes
- Working with and influencing C-level executives
Choosing the Most Valuable Interventions
- Focusing EA on architectural innovations
- Developing and using your enterprise design
Knowing When to “Play” or “Pass”
- Every Enterprise Architect’s daily dilemma
- Building and using your enterprise’s EA network
Integrating EA with Strategy and Planning
- The EA implications of strategy scenarios
- EA and business plans
The Ultimate Realization of EA’s Potential
- Managing the structural impact of investments in change
- Creating new value with cross-silo collaborations
- Chief Enterprise Architect
- Enterprise Architect
- Corporate Strategist
- Business Strategist
- Business Analyst
- Chief Information Officer
- Chief Technology Officer
- Head of Programme Management Office
This seminar is about how Enterprise Architects influence business innovations, investment decisions to enhance performance, rather the frameworks and techniques that Enterprise Architects use to document and design architecture. As a result, any perceived differences between Enterprise Architects and people from the wider business community are rapidly eliminated through a common language, skilled facilitation and a shared purpose.
- Entirely founded on Chris’s practical work with leading companies around the world
- Case studies based on real life examples
- No technical IT knowledge required
- Workshop format
- Chris’s seminars regularly receive 10/10 for both content and style
Chris Potts works globally as a hands-on practitioner, and as a mentor to Enterprise Architects, CIOs and their executive colleagues. He has over 25 years’ real-world experience in corporate, business and IT strategies, Enterprise Architecture, investing in change, and project delivery. He is the author of two books - “FruITion: Creating the Ultimate Corporate Strategy for Information Technology”, and “RecrEAtion: Realizing the Extraordinary Contribution of Your Enterprise Architects”.
Chris is an award-winning speaker, delivering seminars and conference keynotes worldwide. He has also given guest lectures on Enterprise Architecture at the IT University of Copenhagen, and on the different generations of CIO strategy at both New York University and City University, London. He has judged ‘CIO of the year’ awards in both the USA and the Middle East.
Hotel Venue and Accommodation
19-20 September 2013
VENUE: etc.venues Paddington
57 North Wharf Rd
Paddington Basin, London, W2 1LA
Sales: 020 7989 0590
Switchboard: 020 7989 0590
6-7 March 2014
Venue: TBA, London
London Accommodation: IRM UK in association with JP Events Ltd has arranged special discounted rates at all venues and at other hotels nearby the venue. Please visit the JP Events website for further information.
Email: email@example.com Tel +44 (0)84 5680 1138 Fax +44 (0)84 5680 1139.
- Subject matter and/or speaker required
- Estimated number of delegates
- Location (town, country)
- Number of days required (if different from the public course)
- Preferred date
Telephone: +44 (0)20 8866 8366
Fax: +44 (0)1923 828 770
Speaker: Chris Potts
Enterprise Architecture Series
Understanding Enterprise Architecture
- 2nd course 10%
- 3rd course 15%
- 4th course 20%
- 5th+ course 25%
Group Booking Discount
20% discount for 5 or more registrations made at the same time.
We regret that this offer cannot be used in conjunction with the Multiple Seminar Discount or any other discount.
IRM UK Conferences
Business Analysis Conference Europe 2013, 23-25 September 2013, London
Data Management, Information Quality and DW/BI Conference Europe 2013, 4-6 November 2013, London
Click here to purchase past conference documentation.