Current Public Seminars
"John Zachman gave me an excellent insight into the way EA practitioners think and operate, enabling me to express an organisation (as business architecture models) in their language."
Matthew Brown, Managing Director, Proforma UK Ltd
"The enthusiasm, energy and breadth of experience remain, as ever, infectious and mesmerising. Your continued support for John over the last few years is clearly appreciated and probably instrumental in his continuing to return to the UK. Further workshop and/or seminar opportunities are eagerly anticipated. This week has been money very well spent."
Rob Austen, Managing Director, Austen Consultancy Services Ltd
"An excellent seminar. John shares his keen intuition for and understanding of the nature of enterprise architecture."
Chris Partridge, Chief Ontologist, BORO Solutions Limited
"The explanation of the framework itself and the meaning of the components were most helpful."
Andreja Korosec Rebula, Consultant, IPMIT d.o.o.
"Excellent first hand explanation. Very powerful."
Marco van Leeuwen, Process Architect, Van Lanschot Bankiers
"Many wide ranging examples to demonstrate why. Engaging and entertaining."
Andre Gauthier, Technical Consultant, Gauthier Services
"Lots of energy and enthusiasm. Passionate."
Simon Bathie, Group IS Programme Plan Manager, MBDA UK
"Engaging and charismatic."
Mark Luxton, Systems Manager, Bank of Scotland Treausry
"He designed the Framework. Nobody can deliver the same quality of lecture as John."
Kitty Hung, Senior Business Systems Analyst, Metropolitan Police Service
"Very enthusiastic which helps deliver the message successfully."
David Bowley, Technical Architect - Applications, ING Direct
Nandni Shivahare, Information Architecture Manager, PITO
"An excellent overview of the subject matter."
Gareth Mitchell, Senior Consultant, dunnhumby
"Excellent, informative, interesting and challenging."
Paul Downs, Head of IT Infrastructure, Carphone Warehouse
"John Zachman presents a very compelling argument, that is, every organisation needs an Enterprise Architecture to survive."
Jane Stewart, BT Cellnet
"An excellent and inspiring seminar - we will return to work and start immediately. I can recommend this seminar with enthusiasm."
David Harrison, Senior Consultant, Ordnance Survey
"An excellent course. All CEOs and CIOs should attend."
Morag Clark, Data Architecture Manager, Severn Trent Water
4-Day Seminar & Workshop
Zachman Enterprise Architecture:
Modelling Workshop Zachman Certification
|Click here to hear John give a short overview of this seminar|
30 September - 3 October 2013, London
Click here for an in-house quote request or for further information regarding in-house training.
Enterprise Architecture is fundamental for enabling an enterprise to assimilate internal changes in response to the external dynamics and uncertainties of the information age environment. It not only constitutes a baseline for managing change, but also provides the mechanism by which the reality of the enterprise and its systems can be aligned with management intentions.
This newly revised four day seminar and workshop, based on the recently released Zachman Framework V3.0, for the first time incorporates actual modelling experience. The modelling workshop is based on actual Enterprise experience and is designed to give the participants hands-on experience creating both “Primitive” (architecture) models as well as “Composite” (implementation) models.
The seminar and workshop will prepare delegates for both levels of the Zachman Certified- Enterprise Architect program: Zachman Certified™ - Enterprise Architect Associate (Level1) and Zachman Certified™ - Enterprise Architect Professional (Level 2).
The certification fee (both Level 1 & Level 2) is included in the registration fee. The “Zachman Certified – Enterprise Architect” examination is a two hour, on-line examination that upon passing, results in the award of Enterprise Architect Associate (Level 1) Certification. Delegates will then subsequently be awarded the Enterprise Architect Associate (Level 2) Certification upon submitting a case study.
This is a very exclusive certification program. If you want to understand the “Complexity & Contradiction” in Enterprise Architecture and are struggling to manage a non-adaptive enterprise and dysfunctional systems, this will be an important experience!
- A sense of urgency for aggressively pursuing Enterprise Architecture
- A comprehensive definition (description) of Enterprise Architecture
- Differentiation of Enterprise Architecture from Systems Implementation
- Creating Enterprise Strategy Models which form the basis for Enterprise Architecture
- Differentiation of Ontology from Methodology
- Utilizing Enterprise Architecture for operational decision making
- A strategy for reducing “time-to-market” for systems implementations to virtually zero
- Strategy for integration beyond jurisdiction (Interoperability)
- Architectural Principles for meeting enterprise requirements
- Ensuring traceability across the artifacts for impact analysis and change management
- BPM, SOA, BI, MDA, ITIL, etc. in the context of the Zachman Framework
Setting the Context for Enterprise Architecture (EA)
- Contribution of IT People to an Information Age Enterprise
- Global Environment: Escalating Complexity and Escalating Change
- Applying the Concept of Mass-Customization to the Enterprise
Introduction to Enterprise Architecture (The Zachman Framework V3.0)
The Zachman Framework is perhaps the most referenced in the industry. This session provides participants with a unique opportunity to learn first-hand about its concept and utility, directly from the man who developed it. The just released V3.0 will be discussed.
- Definition of Enterprise Architecture
- The Zachman Framework – Architecture Is Architecture Is Architecture
- Ontogies Versus Methodologies
Workshop: What’s Wrong with My Architecture?
Workshop: Creating Enterprise Strategy Models Using Row 1 Primitives
Case Study: Creating Composite Strategy Models Using BusinessEnterprise Engineering
Motivation (BMM) and Balanced Scorecard
- Models from My Bookshelf – 75 years of experience (Implementation, Composite Models)
- The Elegance of Primitives (Their essential contribution)
- Enterprise Entropy – Removing Internal Cost of Operations
- Enterprise Engineering Design Objectives
Alignment, Integration, Reusability, Flexibility, Interoperability
- Reducing Cycle Time from Order to Implementations (Mass-Customization)
Workshop: Deconstruct Business Process Model (BPMN) using Framework Principles
Case Study: Creating Multiple Target Models
Case Study: Component Modelling Using UML 2.0 for Business DomainImplementation Practicalities
- “Federated Architecture” (Integrating Beyond Jurisdictional Boundaries)
- Migrating from Legacy to Architecture
Workshop: Using Primitives to create horizontal Integration and Vertical Transformation
Case Study: Application Rationalization Using Primitives
Workshop: Creating Metrics and the Necessary Enterprise Models for Meeting Enterprise Goals
Workshop: Identify Framework Cells for Given Enterprise Problem Definitions
Strategies for Constraining the Modelling to Fit the Time Constraints
Mock Test: Preparation for the On-Line Certification Examination
The seminar is designed for enterprise professionals of every discipline including non-information disciplines as well as information disciplines. Although it is addressing technology issues, it is not a "technical" seminar. It addresses the subjects that both enterprise professionals and information professionals must understand to operate effectively in collaboration in the Information Age environment.
Further, the seminar is appropriate for both management and non-management professionals. For management it clarifies the issues for decision purposes and enables more meaningful dialogue with and among the technology community. For operations professionals, it establishes the context for developing improved approaches and implementation strategies.
Typical delegates include:
- Chief Information Officers
- Information Systems Management
- Data, Applications, Technology Management
- Enterprise Architects
- Data, Applications, Technology Architects
- Business Architects
- Business, Systems Analysts
- Strategic Planners
- Domain / Business knowledge.
- Experience in running and managing a department or business unit.
- Ability to map the domain specific language (terminology) to the architecture specific language.
- Architecture specification principles such as abstraction, refinement, composition, modelling, etc.
- Experience in creating models (free hand or using a tool like MS Office or UML/BPMN).
John A. Zachman is the originator of the "Framework for Enterprise Architecture" which has received broad acceptance around the world as an integrative framework, or "periodic table" of descriptive representations for Enterprises. He is not only known for this work on Enterprise Architecture, but is also known for his early contributions to IBM's Information Strategy methodology as well as to their Executive team planning techniques.
Mr. Zachman retired from IBM in 1990, having served them for 26 years. He is Chief Executive Officer of Zachman International, an Enterprise dedicated to the advancement of the state of the art in Enterprise Architecture in support of Enterprise Engineering and Manufacturing. He has written over 60 major articles on the subject. His website is www.Zachman.com
|Sunil Dutt Jha is a Chief Architect & CEO of iCMG. Sunil is a practicing architect & CEO of iCMG, who is influencing enterprise decisions of hundreds of millions of dollars annually. In the last 11 years, he has been instrumental in growing iCMG as a leading full service Enterprise & IT Architecture Firm, providing architectural services to a wide variety of clients (over 20 domains) across 23 countries.|
Hotel Venue and Accommodation
30 September - 3 October 2013
VENUE: etc.venues Paddington
57 North Wharf Rd
Paddington Basin, London, W2 1LA
Sales: 020 7989 0590
Switchboard: 020 7989 0590
London Accommodation: IRM UK in association with JP Events Ltd has arranged special discounted rates at all venues and at other hotels nearby the venue. Please visit the JP Events website for further information.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel +44 (0)84 5680 1138 Fax +44 (0)84 5680 1139.
- Subject matter and/or speaker required
- Estimated number of delegates
- Location (town, country)
- Number of days required (if different from the public course)
- Preferred date
Telephone: +44 (0)20 8866 8366
Fax: +44 (0)1923 828 770
Speaker: John Zachman
Speaker: Sunil Dutt Jha
Click Here To Request A Copy Of The NEW Zachman Framework for Enterprise Architecture Version 3.0
Enterprise Architecture Series
Understanding Enterprise Architecture
- 2nd course 10%
- 3rd course 15%
- 4th course 20%
- 5th+ course 25%
Group Booking Discount
20% discount for 5 or more registrations made at the same time.
We regret that this offer cannot be used in conjunction with the Multiple Seminar Discount or any other discount.