Current Public Seminars
"Excellent facilitator, real experience and relayed it back to our industry." "Some excellent tools I can use back in my enterprise."
Nick Phillips, Business Partner, Carnival UK
"It has given me the grounding to set strategy and integrate my function better with the business."
Brett Martin, Group IT Manager, Crane Ltd
"The Corporate Strategy for IT takes you through a journey illustrating the life of IT within corporations leading you to an understanding of the strategic value IT generates for the corporation. Chris Potts is clearly a highly skilled facilitator who gets his points across in a well argumented manner."
Charlotte Pockendahl Andersen, Head of Business Solutions and Process Design, ATP
"Chris, redefines the way value is created by IT. His approach to EA and IT strategy are both innovative and common sense. Just brilliant!"
Kostas Tsatsaris, Lead Enterprise Architect, Transport for London
"Met all of my objectives. Very clear expectations."
Gordon Barnett, CTO, LCH Clearnet
"Highly professional and interactive, driving very good discussions."
Stephane Chatal, IS Global Programs Director, Reckitt Benckiser
"Intense. Thought provoking!"
Iain Roy, General Manager, Service Management, Nuffield Hospitals
"Exceeded my expectations."
Rob Brown, IT Infrastructure Development & Strategy Manager, Insight Investment
"Very good seminar, added a lot more value to my thought process than expected."
Kshipra Singhvi, Head of Business Applications, British Council
"The seminar exceeded my expectations."
Nigel Zaldua-Taylor, Head of IS Strategy, Centrica
The Corporate Strategy for IT
Providing Highly-Valued Leadership in the Digital Age and Beyond
Click here to hear Chris give a short overview of this seminar
Click here for an in-house quote request or for further information regarding in-house training.
From time-to-time, developments in the IT market and the wider economy radically change the game for Corporate Strategies for IT and the people that lead them. Whenever that happens, a new generation of strategy and leader emerges.
This is one of those times: the combined impact of consumerization and cloud. The ‘third era’ of IT.
As consumers, we are rapidly mastering how to change our choices and behaviours to exploit digital technologies. Yet many organisations still have strategies focused on how much their IT costs them, and how it is delivered. How can organisations now transform their strategies and IT leadership, to succeed in the digital age and beyond, and to be as agile as consumers at IT decision-making in the context of their strategies and business plans?
This seminar and workshop is about achieving this in the most inspiring, effective and painless ways possible. It starts with how transformational changes in the IT market have created four generations of Corporate Strategy for IT, maps where we are today, and the exposes the ultimate end-game. Then, based on the real-life experiences of enterprises around the world, it lays out proven, practical innovations for guiding people through the next big step on the journey.
Entirely based on first-hand experiences of what works, and what doesn’t, the seminar will help you to:
- Explore the four generations of Corporate Strategy for IT. Where is your organisation today?
- Formulate your next-generation strategy in five days or less
- Transform the way your organisation behaves towards IT, from ‘costs’ to ‘value’
- Use IT’s enterprise-wide perspective to drive business innovations and investments that grow company performance
- Maximise the contribution of your IT specialists to both strategic and operational business value.
You will take away a comprehensive framework for formulating and executing your organisation’s Corporate Strategy for IT, and worked examples. Many people find that the experience permanently changes their perspective of what strategies for IT is all about, including:
- The promise, key principles and core tactics of a Corporate Strategy for IT
- Exploring and changing the corporate culture towards IT
- Transforming IT budgets into a digital investment portfolio
- Using Enterprise Architecture to drive business innovation and performance
- Moving to an ‘expert IT customer’ management model
- The ultimate destiny of the CIO and the IT Department
market watch: is this the end of ‘IT Strategy’?
- Transformations in the IT market
- The FruITion Strategy® - the four generations of Corporate Strategy for IT
- Introduction and background
- The CIO’s strategic promise
IT value chain
- Why the business-IT gap is a myth
- The Strategic Integration Framework for IT
Corporate Strategy for IT
- Rapidly formulating a strategy that is meaningful and memorable
- Maximising the strategy’s contribution and influence
IT with corporate and business strategies
- Why strategic integration = paradox management
- Exploring some fundamentals of corporate strategy
in business change and IT
- Understanding your organisation’s investment culture
- Transforming IT budgets into a digital investment portfolio
Enterprise Architecture to drive business innovation
- How to drive business innovation
- Architecting Enterprise
IT Customer” management model
- The IT customer’s performance dashboard
- Organisation design, investment process, accountabilities and governance
- The IT-related competencies you cannot outsource
- Optimising the value, cost and risk of your supplier portfolio
market watch revisited
- Turning research into value-adding tactics
- The ultimate destiny of the CIO
- Corporate or Business Strategist
- IT Strategist
- Business/IT Relationship Manager
- Enterprise Architect
- Non IT Manager who uses IT, or who has IT costs
- Business Analyst
- Entirely founded on Chris’s practical work with leading companies around the world
- Case study based on real life example
- No technical IT knowledge required
- Workshop format
- Chris’s seminars regularly receive 10/10 for content and style
Chris Potts works with people around the world as a hands-on practitioner and mentor, with over 25 years’ experience in corporate, business and IT strategies, Enterprise Architecture, investing in change, and delivery. He is a popular and inspirational speaker, delivering seminars and conference keynotes worldwide, as well as guest lectures at New York University, City University in London, and the IT University of Copenhagen. Chris is also the author of a trilogy of business novels on the evolution of corporate IT leadership into Enterprise Investment - “FruITion”, “RecrEAtion” and ”DerfrICTion”. He has judged ‘CIO of the year’ awards in both the USA and the Middle East.
- Subject matter and/or speaker required
- Estimated number of delegates
- Location (town, country)
- Number of days required (if different from the public course)
- Preferred date
Telephone: +44 (0)20 8866 8366
Fax: +44 (0) 2036 277202
Speaker: Chris Potts