Current Public Seminars
"The Corporate Strategy for IT takes you through a journey illustrating the life of IT within corporations leading you to an understanding of the strategic value IT generates for the corporation. Chris Potts is clearly a highly skilled facilitator who gets his points across in a well argumented manner."
Charlotte Pockendahl Andersen, Head of Business Solutions and Process Design, ATP
"Chris, redefines the way value is created by IT. His approach to EA and IT strategy are both innovative and common sense. Just brilliant!"
Kostas Tsatsaris, Lead Enterprise Architect, Transport for London
"Met all of my objectives. Very clear expectations."
Gordon Barnett, CTO, LCH Clearnet
"Highly professional and interactive, driving very good discussions."
Stephane Chatal, IS Global Programs Director, Reckitt Benckiser
"Intense. Thought provoking!"
Iain Roy, General Manager, Service Management, Nuffield Hospitals
"Exceeded my expectations."
Rob Brown, IT Infrastructure Development & Strategy Manager, Insight Investment
"Very good seminar, added a lot more value to my thought process than expected."
Kshipra Singhvi, Head of Business Applications, British Council
"The seminar exceeded my expectations."
Nigel Zaldua-Taylor, Head of IS Strategy, Centrica
The Corporate Strategy for IT
Innovation, Investment, and Information Technology
To view a recent half hour Webinar that Chris Potts presented titled “Let's Talk About the Architect!” Click here.
- Learning Objectives
- Seminar Outline
- Speaker Biography
- Seminar Fee
- Multiple Seminar Booking Discount and Group Booking Discount
- Hotel Venue and Accommodation
Click here for an in-house quote request or for further information regarding in-house training.
From time-to-time, developments in the IT market and the wider economy radically change the game for Corporate Strategies for IT and the people that lead them. Whenever that happens, a new generation of strategy emerges.
This is one of those times.
As consumers, we are becoming masters at rapidly changing our behaviour to exploit technologies in ways that we value. Yet many organisations are still focused on how IT is delivered, and how much it costs. How can organisations now become as agile as consumers at creating value from IT in the context of their strategies and business plans?
This seminar is about achieving this in the most inspiring, effective and painless ways possible. It starts with how transformational changes in the IT market have created four generations of Corporate Strategy for IT, where we are today, and the ultimate end-game. Then, based on the real-life experiences of enterprises around the world, it lays out proven, practical innovations for guiding people through the next big step on the journey.
Entirely based on first-hand experiences of what works, and what doesn't, the seminar will help you to:
- Explore the four generations of Corporate Strategy for IT. Where is your organisation today?
- Formulate your next-generation strategy in five days or less
- Transform the way your organisation behaves towards IT, from 'costs' to 'value'
- Use IT's enterprise-wide perspective to drive business innovations and investments that grow company performance
- Maximise the contribution of your IT specialists to both strategic and operational business value.
You will take away a comprehensive framework for formulating and executing your organisation's Corporate Strategy for IT, and worked examples. Many people find that the experience permanently changes their perspective of what strategies for IT is all about, including:
- The promise, key principles and core tactics of a Corporate Strategy for IT
- Exploring and changing the corporate culture towards IT
- Investing in a portfolio of business changes involving IT
- Using Enterprise Architecture to drive business innovation and performance
- Moving to an 'expert IT customer' management model
- The ultimate destiny of the CIO and the IT Department
IT market watch: is this the end of 'IT Strategy'?
- Transformations in the IT market
- The FruITion Strategy® - the four generations of Corporate Strategy for IT
- Introduction and background
- The CIO's strategic promise
The IT value chain
- Why the business-IT gap is a myth
- The Strategic Integration Framework for IT
The Corporate Strategy for IT
- Rapidly formulating a strategy that is meaningful and memorable
- Maximising the strategy's contribution and influence
Integrating IT with corporate and business strategies
- Why strategic integration = paradox management
- Exploring some fundamentals of corporate strategy
Investing in business change and IT
- Diagnosing your organisation's investment culture
- Transforming IT budgets into a business value portfolio
Using Enterprise Architecture to drive business innovation
- How to drive business innovation
- Architecting Enterprise
"Expert IT Customer" management model
- The IT customer's performance dashboard
- Organisation design, investment process, accountabilities and governance
- The IT-related competencies you cannot outsource
- Optimising the value, cost and risk of your supplier portfolio
IT market watch revisited
- Turning research into value-adding tactics
- The ultimate destiny of the CIO
- IT Strategist
- IT Manager
- Business Analyst
- Enterprise Architect
- Business Architect
- IT Consultant
- Business Consultant
- Business Information Manager
- Corporate or Business Strategist
- Business / IT Relationship Manager
- IT Manager who uses IT or who has IT costs
- Entirely founded on Chris's practical work with leading companies around the world
- Case study based on real life example
- No technical IT knowledge required
- Workshop format
- Chris's seminars regularly receive 10/10 for content and style
Chris Potts works with people around the world as a hands-on practitioner and mentor, and has been called 'the world's leading thinker on IT investments'. He is the author of two books - “FruITion: Creating the Ultimate Corporate Strategy for Information Technology”, and “RecrEAtion: Realizing the Extraordinary Contribution of Your Enterprise Architects”. Chris has over 25 years’ experience in corporate, business and IT strategies, Enterprise Architecture, investing in change, and delivery.
He is an award-winning speaker, delivering seminars and conference keynotes worldwide. Chris has also given guest lectures on CIO strategies at the Polytechnic Institute of New York University, and on Enterprise Architecture at the IT University of Copenhagen. He has been hailed as an expert in his field by CIO.com, is a member of the Strategic Planning Society, and judges ‘CIO of the year’ awards in both the USA and the Middle East.
Hotel Venue and Accommodation
19-20 November 2013
VENUE: etc.venues Paddington
57 North Wharf Rd
Paddington Basin, London, W2 1LA
Sales: 020 7989 0590
Switchboard: 020 7989 0590
1-2 April 2014
Venue: TBA, London
London Accommodation: IRM UK in association with JP Events Ltd has arranged special discounted rates at all venues and at other hotels nearby the venue. Please visit the JP Events website for further information.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel +44 (0)84 5680 1138 Fax +44 (0)84 5680 1139.
- Subject matter and/or speaker required
- Estimated number of delegates
- Location (town, country)
- Number of days required (if different from the public course)
- Preferred date
Telephone: +44 (0)20 8866 8366
Fax: +44 (0)1923 828 770
Speaker: Chris Potts
IT Strategy & Management
The Corporate Strategy for IT
- 2nd course 10%
- 3rd course 15%
- 4th course 20%
- 5th+ course 25%
Group Booking Discount
20% discount for 5 or more registrations made at the same time.
We regret that this offer cannot be used in conjunction with the Multiple Seminar Discount or any other discount.